Yoga Poses can help you get strong, flexible and toned body. It is known to reduce mental stress and have lot of other health benefits.
Here are some Yoga Poses for Legs
Big Toe Pose ( Padangusthasana )
1. Stand straight with both feet about six inches apart and parallel to each other. Breathe out and bend forward from waist moving your head and torso at same time keeping your legs straight.
2. Hold the big toes of your feet using first finger and the middle finger of both hands. Try to keep your legs straight during the entire process.
3. Breath in and slowly lift your torso until your elbows get straight. Hold the position for as long as you can.
4. Slowly raise your body and let you body relax. Repeat these “Yoga Poses” on order to get great legs.
Urdhva Prasarita Padasana
1. Lie down on the mat with the straight back and legs. Keep your arms straight on either sides of torso with palms facing down.
2. Slowly inhale and raise your legs up from the floor, without raising head or shoulders, until your legs make about 70 degree angle with the ground. Do not bend your knees during entire process.
3. Hold the position as long as possible and then release your legs slowly and hold them 2 inches above the ground.
4. Raise your legs again and repeat the entire yoga poses again.
Virbhadrasana (Warrior Pose)
These yoga asana’s helps you strengthen your calves and thighs.
1. Stand straight on the floor with both feet about shoulder width apart.
2. While standing, turn the right foot 45 degree outwards and while inhaling, raise both of your arms sideways until they get parallel to the round.
3. Be steady and turn your left foot 90 degree left side; bend your left knee until your right thigh get parallel to the ground. Your knee should not pass your toe.
4. Maintain your body balance and hold the position for some time. Breathe gradually and bring your arms down together and get to initial position. Repeat the entire process again.
Utkatasana (Chair Pose)
1. Stand straight with both feet about 2 – 3 inches apart.
2. Slowly and steadily inhale and raise both arms straight up your head with both palms facing each other.
3. keeping your spine straight bend both your knees and keep your body into the position of sitting on a chair. You can stop little before your thighs get parallel to the floor.
4. Do not allow your knees pass your toes and keep your head straight. Hold the position for about a minute or as long as possible.
5. Breath gradually and evenly and then release your arms. Bring them down to the initial position and relax. You can repeat these yoga poses for legs.
Utthita Hasta Padangustasana ( Extended Hand-To-Big-Toe Pose )
1. Stand straight with both hands on the sides of the body. Transfer your body weight onto the right foot and bend your right knee and raise it upwards close to your belly.
2. Hold the outer portion of your left foot with left hand by reaching the left arm through inside of your thigh crossing the ankle.
3. Inhale and slowly extend your right leg straightening your knee as far as possible and then swing it outwards.
4. Keep your body properly balanced and hold the position for as long as possible. Slowly bend the knee again and bring your leg down to the ground.
5. Repeat the entire asana ( yoga pose ) with other leg.
Baddha Konasana ( Bound Angle Pose )
1. Sit down with straight back. Extend your legs straight in front of you.
2. Bend your knees and drag your heels towards your pelvis. Drop your both knees outwards while keeping both your soles joint and facing each other. Drag your heels as close as possible to your pelvis.
3. Grab the big toe of your feet with thumb, first finger and middle finger.
4. Breath evenly while keeping your back straight. Do not force your knees to touch the ground.
5. Hold the position for about 3 – 5 minutes and then slowly release your toes. Gradually straighten your legs and relax your body.
All these Yoga Poses can helps to tone your legs and achieve great shape.
Watch this video To Get More Information On “Yoga Poses for Legs”