Arms are important part of our body as well as personality. Strong arms not only add up to your personality but strong arms ensure good health. Skinny or bulky arms can make you look bad. We have listed some workout that can be helpful in building arm shape or toning them
Push Ups :- This exercise works perfectly on the triceps, shoulders and chest and builds strength in these areas.
1. Lie down on the floor with your face facing ground keeping your body straight. Bring both hands on the sides of the chest on both sides.
2. Place your palms against floor at a distance little wider than your shoulders and push your body up straight. Your body weight should be completely on your palms and toes and body should be in a straight line from toes to head.
3. Hold the top position for about a second and release the body by using arms muscles to get close to the ground. Do not bend your body anytime during the exercise.
4. Hold for a second just above the floor and then again apply pressure on palms and lift your body up until arms get straight. Repeat for 10 – 15 times with 2 – 4 sets each time.
Bicep Curl :- This is another intense training that basically works on your shoulders, biceps and triceps.
1. Stand straight holding a pair of dumbbells in front of body with the palms facing up. Your shoulders and abs should be tight and feet should be about hip width apart.
2. Lift the dumbbell up by bending your elbows and bring it all the way up in front of your chin in a steady motion. Keep your elbows steady and do not let then go in backward direction. This will make the workout more effective.
3. Release the weight slowly following the same motion using biceps and triceps muscles until you reach the initial position. Repeat the process with the other arm. You can make it more intense if you wish to by adding more weight. You can do 10 – 15 reps each time you do this exercise. Generally performing 3 – 5 sets is good.
Triceps Dips :- This exercise targets the triceps and back muscle group. It gives shape to triceps and arm.
1. Sit at the edge of a flat bench and hold the bench edge on both sides of your thighs. Pick your body up on your palms and move your feet forward just until your hips get out of the bench in the air. Let your legs get straight and your hips about an inch away from the bench.
2. Slowly bend your elbows and let your body come down near to the floor. Try to use your triceps for the purpose. Do not allow your body to touch floor except your feet.
3. Hold at the bottom position for a second and then apply the force on the palm and lift your body up to the initial position. Remember, focus the muscles for which you are doing the workout. Do 10 – 15 repetitions each time and you can do about 3 – 5 sets in each workout.
Narrow grip bench press :- This type of bench press specially targets the biceps, triceps chest and some shoulder muscles.
1. Lie down on a flat bench right below a barbell with the bar just above your face. Your feet should be properly landed on the ground and your body should be straight and relaxed.
2. Hold the bar with both hands at shoulder width apart. Apply pressure on your palms and let the bar come down straight up to your upper chest. Do not allow it to land on your chest or bounce as it can injure you. Rather than just let the bar touch your chest
3. Hold a second and apply force and push the bar straight with steady motion up the face until your arms get straight.
4. Hold at this point for a second and then let the weight come down. Repeat the above steps again. You can do 8 – 10 repetitions in each set and 3 – 5 sets in each workout.