Vegetable Salad is a great source of essential nutrients in green salads and contains different mineral, vitamins, fibers and antioxidants. Despite of nutrient rich properties of green salad, it is often neglected be a part of daily diet. The reason may be that people are not aware of the health benefits that they can get from green salad. You can prepare salad by adding different green vegetables and fruits as well. You can get different health benefits by adding different varieties of vegetables and fruits. Salad provides us essential nutrients which are required to stay healthy.
Essential Nutrients in Green Salads are listed below :-
Iron :- Iron is mainly used in the formation of hemoglobin and helps in providing adequate supply of oxygen to all muscles and brain as well. Iron also boosts your immunity as well as helps treatment of insomnia. Iron is present in abundance in Vegetable Salad
Magnesium :- It is used to treatment of high blood pressure, fibromyalgia and helps in the prevention of heart attacks. It is another important element found in green salad which is useful in treatment of high blood pressure. Green Salads are great of source of Vitamin C which is known to boost your immune system.
Potassium :- Potassium is required for maintaining good kidney and heart health. It is important for growth of muscles in the body as well as maintaining right blood pressure. It also helps preventing stroke.
Beta-carotene :- It helps preventing heart disease and lowers the cholesterol level in the blood. Studies show that Beta-carotene is good for your eye sites. Carrots are big source of this essential nutrient.
Folic Acid :- Folic acid is important for maintaining good mental health. It is helpful in preventing spina bifida and Hyperhomocysteinemia. Green salads contains Folic acid in decent quantity.
Vitamin C :- Vitamin C is helpful in preventing premature aging and treatment of asthma as well. It helpful in treatment of throat related infections and keeps you away from common cold. Vitamin C is also known to boost your immune system.
Vitamin K :- It control blood clotting and is used in the treatment of osteoporosis. Vitamin K also helps in reducing the pain during menstrual period among females and helps in maintaining proper sugar level in the blood. Vit K is also one of the most Essential Nutrients in Green Salad.
What researchers said about green salads
Other benefits of Green Salads
1. Salads help in lowering the cholesterol level in the body.
3. Green Salads are low in calories. So, it fills your stomach with low calories food and keeps you full for longer time.
4. Salads contains fruits and vegetables in abundant. These are rich source of minerals and vitamins, so it helps you stay healthy.
5. Salads containing watercress helps in reducing the risk of breast cancer.
6. Salad containing romaine, red leaf lettuce and spinach is a rich source of vitamin A, lutein and zeaxanthin which is essential for eyes health and good vision.
Some facts about Green Salad or Vegetable Salad :-
1. Dark green leafy vegetables and red colored vegetables contains high amount of antioxidants, vitamin B6 and other important nutrients as compared to lighter colored vegetables.
2. Spinach, Lettuce and other green vegetables used in “Green salads” are an important for healthy diet as they may be year-round resources major vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin C as well as other nutrients.
3. You should always store your green vegetables in your refrigerator and always rinse them properly before chopping them down for Green Salads.