8 (300gm) small brinjals (baingans)
3 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 onion – grated
1 and half tsp ginger – garlic paste
1 and half tsp each of – sugar, salt, garam masala and red chilli powder
1 tsp full tamarind (imli)
STUFFING (MIX TOGETHER)
2 tbsp roasted peanuts- crushed roughly
2 tsp sesame seed (til)
1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp amchoor
1/2 tsp haldi, 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tap garam masala
2 tsp dhania powder
2 tsp oil
1. Put imli with 1/2 cup water in a small bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Let it cool. Mash and extract juice and keep aside.
2. Wash and slit brinjals, making cross cults, a little more than half way.
3. Mix all ingredients of the stuffing nicely. Fill the paste in the baingans.
4. Arrange brinjals in a dish. Pour 2 tbsp oil on them. Microwave covered for 8 minutes. Remove from dish and keep aside.
5. In the same dish put 1 oil, jeera, and onion and ginger-garlic paste. Mix well and microwave for 4 min.
6. Add tamarind juice, 1/4 tsp of sugar, salts, garam masala and red chilli power Mix well. Add cooked brinjals and mix gently for the masala and to coat. Microwave covered for 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Watch this video to learn ” Bharwan Baingan Dish”