You must have heard “An apple a day, keeps the doctor away”. Apple contains all the properties of a super fruit. Apple contains anti oxidants that protects body from the attack of free radicals. Apples are full of fiber and hence help in weight loss also.
Here are the benefits of apple :-
1. Lowers cholesterol level :- Apple contains high amount of fiber, called Pectin. As per doctors, this is a soluble fiber that helps in lowering the LDL level or bad cholesterol level in the body. Pectin prevents the cholesterol from being stored in the body by blocking the absorption of cholesterol in the body. It actually prevents deposition of cholesterol in the lining of blood vessel walls, thus reducing the risk of heart diseases.
2. Keeps your stomach full :- Apple is a rich source of fiber. Fibers take a long time to pass through the digestive system. So, it maintains a feeling of fullness in you thus avoiding you from eating for long time.
3. Healthier, whiter teeth, strong bones :- Apple can prevent tooth decay and can make your teeth whiter and stronger. Studies show that, the process of biting and chewing an apple stimulates the saliva production process in the mouth which leads to lowering the bacteria level in the mouth thus leading to reduction in tooth decay.
4. Alzheimer :- An apple can help you fight Alzheimer and well as fight brain aging. A study conducted on the mice shows that apple juice can enhance the level of neurotransmitter acetyl choline. So, apple is great for your mental health.
5. Defends body from cancers :- A study conducted by scientists on the cancer issues states that there is 23% less risk of developing pancreatic cancer in case of people consuming flavonol-rich apples. Some elements in the apple are found to protect against colon, liver and breast cancers.
6. Prevent gall stones :- Person having high cholesterol level are more prone to gallstones. Too much of cholesterol present in liquid form in the bile gets converted into solid form leading to formation of gall stones. Fiber present in apple is known to control the level of cholesterol in the body. Due to high fiber content, apple reduces the risk of gall stones.
7. Healthy heart :- Researches shows that fibers in apple are highly soluble. So, they slow down the deposition or build-up of cholesterol plaque in the arteries in human body. Skin of the apple also contains a phenolic compound that prevents solidification of cholesterol on the walls of your arteries. Deposition of cholesterol in the arteries can lead to heart problem due to reduced flow of blood to your heart.
8. Detoxify your liver :- Whether we eat food, junk food or drink beverages, we constantly consume toxins as a part of this stuff. These toxins are flushed out of your body by your liver. But occasionally, liver do need to get rid of these toxins. Most of the detox diets or pills potentially do more harm than serving the purpose. Best alternate to detoxify your liver is to eat fruits. Apple is a very good alternate that can help you detoxify your liver.
9. Digestion :- Apple, being a rich source of fibers, helps in proper digestion. Doctors say that regular apple consumption helps a lot in preventing the any stomach disorder or constipation.
10. Strong immune system :- Apples, especially RED apples are found to contain Quercetin, which is an antioxidant. Studies show that this antioxidant can boost up your immune system. Strong immune system means you are less prone to illness or other diseases.